When it comes to finding free resources for learning Thai, the blog “Women Learning Thai” is a great place to start your search. The blog is loaded with links to free Thai language resources. The site is also filled with interviews with farangs who have conquered the Thai language, conducted by the blog’s creator Catherine Wentworth.
A quick browse of the top posts on the “Women Learning Thai” website shows the following as the most popular blog posts:
* Learn Thai Online for FREE
* Review: Thai Language Schools in Bangkok
* FREE: Quick & Dirty Thai Vocabulary Download
* Thai Language Cheat Sheets
* Thai Language Phrase Books: A Mega Review
* Google Books: Thai Learning Resources
* Top Thai Language Learning Resources
* The Easy Way for Beginners to Read and Write
* The Thai Alphabet Poem
* Thai-English Readers with Mp3s
* Thai Typing Tutors: aTypeTrainer4Mac
* Recording the Thai National Anthem
* Google Translation & Thai Dictionaries
The site also covers recent events, and includes a new post on learning Thai with the red shirt crowd. In that post she takes a Thai language article on Thaksin and the red shirts from Voice of America, and translates every single word, as well as transliterates all of it for the Thai language learner. There is then a Thai audio that is almost identical to the script, as well as an identical article in English. In total, the material runs about 24 pages long.
So, as you can see, there is a lot at this blog to get you started on learning the Thai language and “acquiring a new soul” as they say of those who master a new language. And don’t forget that over at Amazon.com you can purchase The Original Thai-English Language Cognate Dictionary & Learning Tool for your Kindle.
Or you can purchase the Smashwords Thai Learning edition for your Palm Pilot, Sony Reader, Nook, iPhone, or other portable device. More info soon on buying the print edition.